PDF Invoice to X.12 EDI 810

Questions about implementing EDI.

Moderator: edi4all

jacksmit93

PDF Invoice to X.12 EDI 810

Post by jacksmit93 »

Hi,

I am an IT consultant and my client has asked me to look for a solution for creating a EDI810 file from their incoming PDF bills. They do a lot of processing bills every day . I reckon they will do 500 a month.

I've heard that ChimpKey can do PDF to EDI810, can someone tell me about their experiences with setup & using it?

Hoping to implement this in about 2-3 weeks if possible.

Thx.
J.
josejose

Re: PDF Invoice to X.12 EDI 810

Post by josejose »

Jack,

I'm the IT manager for a manufacturing company north of London, UK.

We implemented ChimpKey about 3 years ago. It really has saved us an amazing amount of time. We initially thought we would just convert the basic info of the PDF into our internal EDI format (we have an older AS400 system so we use flatfiles).

It was the same price to grab all the line details rather than just the simple version of what we use to do - just invoice #,customer,date & amount. Now we have full details on our invoices which has allowed us to categorize the invoice lines, which has been a very big win for us.

Implementation was easy, except one of the customers was sending a scanned PDF, which we worked with them to get to a proper computer generated PDF. The scan they had was terrible! ;)

3 years on, we have added a bunch more new clients on ChimpKey with pretty much zero effort now that its setup.

Oh, also, we chose ChimpKey because they do *everything*, we just sent sample PDFs and they setup everything.

Hope that helps!

Jose.