Coke/Pepsi PDFs to CSV format?

Questions about implementing EDI.

Moderator: edi4all

hadris34

Coke/Pepsi PDFs to CSV format?

Post by hadris34 »

EDI experts... I am tearing my hair out here. I own 5 convenience stores and receive regular shipments from Coke, Pepsi, FritoLay etc.

Each receipt has a SKU and and a quantity which needs to be entered into my SSCS management system. I have asked my reps to give me some kind of CSV file but they said that its not available. How can I automate this. My inventory is going wonky because of all the mistakes.

I've talked to a few people and they said that I'd have to go EDI but its sooooo expensive.

Please help!

Hadr.
edi4all

Re: Coke/Pepsi PDFs to CSV format?

Post by edi4all »

Hi.

Thats a tricky one, I was a consultant to another store with a similar problem.

The problem was that Coke pepsi etc, all still give paper receipts upon delivery, and they don't seem to have the capability to send EDI, or at least not that I've found.

We ended up using the EDI company ChimpKey to handle it. How it works is that you scan the PDF and then upload it to a file sharing service like Dropbox, and then ChimpKey will read it and then convert it to the ABC format that the Convenience store industry uses.

Some of the PDF receipts didn't scan 100% but ChimpKey allows you to made corrections to the data before its imported.

Check out their website, I haven't found anyone else that does it as well.

Cheers,
Keith.